- The California Highway Patrol is promoting the start of "Drowsy Driving Prevention Week," during which the
California Highway Patrol and other state agencies will remind motorists
to stay alert while driving.The annual campaign provides public
education about the risks of driving and countermeasures to improve
safety on the road, according to a department statement.
- Children's Hospital Los Angeles patients will virtually attend Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World'' red carpet premiere at Hollywood's El Capitan Theater via Skype. The children will also be treated to an exclusive screening of the film – at the same time as the premiere – and get a hospital visit from the character Thor Monday evening.
- In case you missed it over the weekend, State Sen. Kevin de León allegedly maneuvered a deal between two senate colleagues that resulted in a $25,000 payoff for a blood relative of one of them, and amended workers comp legislation that eventually helped the owner of a Long Beach hospital indulge in what the FBI is calling “large-scale health care fraud.”
- To sign up for breaking news alerts, visit our breaking news category and click "Get email updates." (If it says you're signed up, but you're not receiving the alerts, click "Unsubscribe." Then click "Get email updates" to resubscribe. That should fix the issue.)
- See something around town that would be good to publish on Patch? Email us at John.Schreiber@patch.com with any news tips and story ideas.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something