For this Sunday's LA Marathon, more than 26.2 miles of major streets throughout the city will close as thousands of runners make their way from Dodger Stadium to the beach in Santa Monica.
Below are all the details about the road closures near to and on the marathon race course. First, here are some helpful links to the marathon route map, details on traveling to Santa Monica to meet up with runners at the finish line, and additional neighborhood-specific road closures.
- To see a map of all the marathon route and real-time updates on street closures, click here.
- For details on parking and road closures near the finish line in Santa Monica, .
- For additional road closures in your neighborhood, click here.
Echo Park-Chinatown-Little Tokyo-Downtown
- Elysian Park Avenue between Dodger Stadium and Sunset Boulevard -- 4-9 a.m.
- Sunset Boulevard between Innes Avenue and Figueroa Street -- 4-9:20 a.m.
- Cesar Chavez Avenue between Bunker Hill and Alameda Street -- 4-9:32 a.m.
- Broadway between Cesar Chavez Street and Alpine Street -- 4-9:35 a.m.
- Alpine Street between Hill Street and Alpine Street -- 4-9:35 a.m.
- Spring Street between College Street and 2nd Street -- 4-9:35 a.m.
- Main Street between E. Cesar Chavez and 3rd Street -- 4-9:50 a.m.
- 1st Street between Hope Street and Alameda Street -- 4-9:50 a.m.
- Central Avenue between 1st and 3rd Street -- 4-9:50 a.m.
- 2nd Street between Alameda Street and Broadway -- 4-9:50 a.m.
- Grand Avenue between Cesar Chavez and 2nd Street -- 4-10:05 a.m.
- Temple Street between Alameda Street and Glendale Boulevard -- 4-10:20 a.m.
- Edgeware Road between Temple Street and Boston Street -- 4-10:20 a.m.
- Bellevue Avenue between Sunset Boulevard and Glendale Boulevard -- 4-10:20 a.m.
- Glendale Boulevard between Temple Street and Sunset Boulevard -- 4-10:40 a.m.
- Sunset Boulevard between Echo Park Avenue and Virgil Avenue -- 4-11:10 a.m.
- Hollywood Boulevard between Hillhurst Avenue and La Brea -- 4 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Orange Avenue between Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard -- 4 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Sunset Boulevard between Highland Avenue and Doheny Drive -- 5 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
- San Vicente Boulevard between Sunset Boulevard and Melrose Avenue -- 5 a.m.- 1 p.m.
- Santa Monica Boulevard between La Cienega Bouelvard and Sierra Drive -- 5 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Doheny Drive between Nemo Street and Wilshire Boulevard -- 5 a.m.-1 p.m.
Beverly Hills-Century City-Westwood
- Burton Way between Robertson Boulevard and Rexford Drive -- 5 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Rodeo Drive between Santa Monica Boulevard and Wilshire -- 5 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Wilshire Boulevard between Beverly Drive and Santa Monica Boulevard -- 5 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Santa Monica Boulevard between Rexford Drive and Sawtelle Boulevard -- 5 a.m.-2:20 p.m.
- Sepulveda Boulevard between Santa Monica Boulevard and Wilshire Boulevard -- 5 a.m.-2:04 p.m.
- Ohio Avenue between Veteran Avenue and Sawtelle Boulevard -- 5 a.m.-2:20 p.m.
Veterans Administration-Brentwood-Santa Monica
- Sawtelle Boulevard between Santa Monica Boulevard and Dowlen Drive -- 5 a.m.-2:20 p.m.
- Dowlen Drive between Bonsall Avenue and Wadsworth Place -- 5 a.m.-2:20 p.m.
- Bonsall Avenue between Dowlen Drive and Eisenhower Avenue -- 5 a.m.-2:20 p.m.
- Eisenhower Avenue between Bonsall Avenue and Bringham Avenue -- 5 a.m.-2:20 p.m.
- San Vicente Boulevard between Wilshire Boulevard and Ocean Avenue -- 5 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Ocean Avenue between San Vicente Boulevard and Pico Boulevard -- 12 a.m.-5 p.m.