The Greater Echo Park Elysian Neighborhood Council will be holding it’s regular August meeting on Tuesday at 7 p.m.
Some items on the agenda include:
- Potential appointment of representatives to open seats in GEPENC Districts 1, 3, and 4
- Potential Adoption of a Strategic Plan
- Potential name change from "Greater Echo Park Elysian Neighborhood Council" to "Echo Park Neighborhood Council"
- Potential action on adoption of a position on the Echo Park Gang Injunction.
- and several budget and land use items.
According to its website, the purpose GEPENC is to “promote citizen participation in government by serving as an advisory body to the City of Los Angeles” and represent the thoughts, opinions and concerns of the community.
The meeting will take place on Tuesday, Aug. 27 at 7 p.m. at the Cisnero Learning Academy Auditorium at 1018 Mohawk St.