According to police, burglars have targeted construction sites looking for expensive tools and other equipment that can be resold.
The burglaries generally target storage boxes and bins left at the construction site and occur after construction hours, police said.
The LAPD recommended the following safety precautions to prevent theft from construction sites:
- Keep tools and storage bins out of plain view.
- Make the adjacent businesses and establishments aware of your concerns.
- Keep the premises well lit in the evening hours.
- If possible, post security guards at the construction site.
- Place surveillance cameras to assist with the investigation in the event of a crime and even to deter it in the first place.
- Report any suspicious persons, vehicles or activities to the Northeast Area Police Department.
For more information on the recent crimes or to report any information on a construction site burglary, contact Northeast Area Burglary Detectives at 323-344-5761.