A task force consisting of 100 Los Angeles County law enforcement agencies made 568 arrests for suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol between 12:01 a.m. Friday and midnight Sunday, authorities announced Monday.
There were 202 arrests made Sunday, including four because of crashes that caused injuries.
There were 550 arrests made during a similar 72-hour period in 2012.
According to the LAist, the following are the planned DUI and saturation checkpoints for the rest of August:Thursday, August 22
- Checkpoint in Hollywood Area at Sunset Boulevard and Bronson Avenue from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Friday, August 23
- Checkpoint in Hollywood Area at Highland Avenue and De Longpre Avenue from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Checkpoint in Southwest Area at La Brea Avenue and Rodeo Road from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Saturday, August 24
- Checkpoint in Southwest Area at Western Avenue and 39th Street from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Checkpoint in Topanga Area at Sherman Way and Variel Avenue from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- DUI Saturation Patrol in Hollywood Area from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Thursday, August 29
- Checkpoint in Southeast Area at Manchester Avenue and Hoover Street from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Friday, August 30
- Checkpoint in 77th Street Area at Florence Avenue and Main Street Avenue from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Checkpoint in West Valley Area at Roscoe Boulevard and Gloria Avenue from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Saturday, August 31
- Checkpoint in Devonshire Area at Topanga Boulevard and Devonshire Street from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Checkpoint in Northeast Area at Sunset Boulevard and Fountain Avenue from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Checkpoint in Rampart Area at Olympic Boulevard and Lake Street from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- DUI Saturation Patrol in 77th Street Area from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.
In case you were wondering, a first offense DUI will get you:
- informal probation for three to five years
- fines of about $1,400
- “First offender” DUI school, which is three, six or nine months long
- Restricted driving privileges
- And more.
-City News Service contributed to this report