Temple Street from Robinson to Hoover was closed for about an hour Wednesday after as firefighters from Stations 6 and 20 fought a grass fire.
According to Captain Richard Denning from Station 20, the blaze started near street level and burned up the hillside toward Temple Community Hospital on the bluff.
No structures were damaged, and no one was injured.
Firefighters were not certain about the cause, but said it may have been a cigarette butt or, possibly, set.
The street was closed for a time as firefighters monitored for possible flareups.
A similar blaze occurred at the same location on Oct. 9, again causing no damage after a quick containment.