- Thieves on Tuesday made away with an entire historic bronze lamppost from the Glendale-Hyperion Bridge, according to a community message from the Los Angeles Police Department. According to police, at some point Tuesday night, someone cut open a high voltage system running to the street light and made off with a large bronze light pole. Read more here.
- Some fast-food workers in the Los Angeles area walked off the job Thursday as part of their continuing effort to have their wages increased to $15 an hour and form a union. Workers at the McDonald's at 4348 Sunset Boulevard were taking part in the job action along with workers in 100 cities across the country. Read more about the protest here.
- Echo Park and the Los Angeles River were prominently featured in what has been dubbed the world's first music video with a 24-hour run time. The video, which was made for Pharrell Williams' four-minute song "Happy," features 24 hours of footage shot across Los Angeles. See the video here.
- See something around town that needs to be reported on? Share any news tips or story ideas with me at John.Schreiber@patch.com.
- To sign up for breaking news alerts, visit our breaking news category and click "Get email updates." (If it says you're signed up, but you're not receiving the alerts, click "Unsubscribe." Then click "Get email updates" to resubscribe. That should fix the issue.)
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something