- The City of Los Angeles will hold an anonymous gun buyback day Dec. 14 near Dodger Stadium. Find out all the details about the program in our article.
- The Los Angeles City Council moved Wednesday to prevent the sale of electronic cigarettes to minors by expanding the city's tobacco-vending laws to include the battery-powered smoking alternatives. Read more about the restrictions here.
- Stiff winds lashed The Southland Wednesday as the region remained in the grips of a cold snap and several communities, including Echo Park and Silver Lake, were expected to remain in the high 50s and low 60s.
- See something around town that needs to be reported on? Share any news tips or story ideas with me at John.Schreiber@patch.com.
- To sign up for breaking news alerts, visit our breaking news category and click "Get email updates." (If it says you're signed up, but you're not receiving the alerts, click "Unsubscribe." Then click "Get email updates" to resubscribe. That should fix the issue.)
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something